Monday, January 10, 2011

For Sexyback

One of my friends, Nathan "Sexyback" MacDonald, has started blogging to document his weight-loss.  You should check it out at http://nathanalbert.wordpress.com/.  We call him Sexyback because of the ubiquitous Justin Timberlake song, and because of the irony that Nathan weighed around 325 pounds in college. At some point he reached a tick over 350, but through hard work and constant support from his beautiful wife, he's down to close to 300.  He's got until Wednesday (I believe) to make it to 300 by his birthday, and I know he'll make it!  Reading his stories and absolute transparency in his struggle has been incredibly uplifting, and makes me incredibly proud to be his friend.  If you aren't already supporting him in prayer and encouragement, I hope you do so starting now!

His dedication has inspired me to attempt the same.  Nathan uses Weight Watchers, which I'm too poor/lazy/apathetic to invest in right now (maybe later if I epically fail), but I want to document what I'm eating and how much (or more likely little) I'm exercising.  I REALLY like food, not only the bad stuff but the good as well, and I want to put my passions to good use.

So here's to a new me...one of which there should be less of starting now.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments: