Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 15--A Case of the Mondays

Having willpower is like breathing...you don't realize you're lacking it until it's too late.  That was the thought running through my head as I stood in the Randall's parking lot this after, holding the ingredients to  complete my dinner of leftovers and smelling the amazing smell of Jax Grille across the street.  For those not from Houston, Jax is food your mom would make if she owned a restaurant and had a menu longer than most books of the Bible.  The enticing aroma of grilled meats came wafting through the rain and for a brief moment visions of fried okra and buffalo burgers came dancing into my head.  I was able to hold strong and get in my car to drive away, but Jax may be on the menu for tomorrow.  Fair warning dear reader(s).

Breakfast--Apple Cinnamon oatmeal.  I had a dream that I got up early, had plenty of time to make breakfast and get ready, and then I actually woke up and saw I almost overslept. Oops.

Lunch--Potato and Kale soup, as well as a Twix.  After devouring said candy, I looked at the nutritional information (yes, I realize I did those backwards) and was taken aback at what a moron I am.  Twix is bad for a diet.

Snack--Tangelo anyone?  The good news is that it tasted delicious.  The bad news is that I'm going to be finding juice drops all over the place as long as we live here.  That was the most explosive citrus I've dealt with in a long time.

Dinner--Leftover taco soup with some grilled naan bread and roasted garlic.  Garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, in foil, for an hour...wow.  It was delicious!

Dessert--While its wildly unnecessary, especially with my Twix disaster earlier, I have no doubt my sweet tooth with get the better of me later on.  I bought a Green & Blacks dark chocolate candy bar the other day and may grab a square or two of that.

Tomorrow begins the first day of my attempt to fix our lunch health disaster.  I may go with tuna and fruit to save some stress.  I'm still under 240, but I've plateaued, and that's not good.  I'm going to ramp up the fiber tomorrow and add some snacks, see if that helps.

No comments: