Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5--Going Through the Motions

My head is alternating between feeling like a balloon and feeling like a lead weight attached to my neck.  I really need this sinus junk to clear so I can enjoy my three day weekend!  Bah.  On a relevant note, its also still messing with my ability to taste food correctly, so that's becoming problematic.

Breakfast--Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with pomegranate craisins again.  It's now a go-to move, although I'm contemplating swapping the instant (even if it is low-sugar) for the real stuff.  Not sure how that'll mess with my morning routine, but we'll see.  It was still good.

Mid-morning Snack--Fiber One bar.  Those suckers are still delicious, and I needed the energy boost to get me through the sickness.  That's the one thing I miss about sodas...the sugar and caffeine were a godsend when I was wilting in the morning, even if it was fake and horrible for me.

Lunch--Peanut butter and banana sandwich, with another banana on the side.  Trust me, the alternative wasn't a good idea.

Dinner--Chick fila.  Of all the fast food establishments, this is the one with the best nutrition, which isn't saying much but still makes me feel better about life.  I had a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, split a large fries with Abby and had a large fruit cup. Oh, and lemonade, which from Chick fila is the best thing ever.

Dessert--The fruit cup was dessert, and it was awesome.  I was stuffed, and all the fruit provided me with a decent dose of fluid to counteract my dehydrated sick state, and it wasn't water which is a bonus.

Cutting back on sweets is hard for me, since I love to bake, but oh well.  The real problem is complacency.  I've done okay with the will power to not eat bad things, but I'm struggling with the will power to eat good things.  Its the middling in-between that is causing problems, and it needs to be stopped!

No comments: