Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 8--MLK Day

Three day weekends are the best.  Well, actually, not working at all is the best, but that has consequences.  So this is pretty good.

Breakfast--Abby and I went to see The King's Speech with Jason and Casey Toy (good movie, great friends) so on the way we went to a newly discovered old friend of mine--Dunkin Donuts.  I had a Chocolate Kreme donut and a chocolate glazed donut and they were both spectacular.  Better yet, I was very full after two, which is unusual for me.  My stomach must be returning to normal size after months of unnecessary stretching.

Lunch--After the movie we went to Extreme Pita, which was phenomenal.  I got the Thai Chicken pita, small, with Sun Chips and Green Tea.  I also ate one of the cookies Abby got with her meal.  It was an excellent place, and we'll certainly be going back soon!

Exercise--Yep. New addition to the routine.  I went to the gym since I finally felt good enough to work and did twenty minutes on the bike, for a total of about 7 miles.  It was good to get a sweat up and lift some weights afterwards.  Also discovered that my headphones are busted, so I chunked them in the trash and got some new ones at Target.

Dinner--My plans for dinner went horrifically awry, so we had steel-cut oatmeal with blueberries and brown sugar.  It was delicious, and for once, filling.

No dessert tonight--early to bed, school starts again tomorrow (yippee...) so I don't need sugar to keep me awake.

No comments: