Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 10--Crossing a Threshold

Woke up this morning and lo and behold...I'm under 240.  Huzzah.  The bad news is that I still have around 30 pounds to go before I'm remotely satisfied, but its still a fast accomplishment and one I'm proud of.  It's amazing what trying can do...

Breakfast--1/2 cup of Cherry Vanilla granola.  I can't seem to get myself going in the mornings this semester, and my "eat a big breakfast" plan has suffered because of it.  I just need to make sure its a focal point and get up and moving.  Perhaps placing the alarm across the room would help...

Snack--Fiber One bar.  Again, awesomeness.

Lunch--Two bowls of Garden Vegetable Soup and some crackers.  Brothy soups are good things, although I question the sodium levels of this particular batch.  Either way, it was really good.

Dinner--Rosemary and Garlic chicken breast, green peas, and sweet potatoes.  Coupled with water, it was one of the best meals I've made in a long time (and a far cry from my NY Strip disaster of last week).  We had a lot of chicken leftover because I roasted the whole package, so I think some dinner salads are in the offering this weekend.

No dessert, because sweet potatoes are good enough and because I ate a lot of peas...I was stuffed.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: