Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 7--Brought to you by the Barenaked Ladies

As in, "It's been one week..."  Nevermind, moving along...

Church was good, but it always throws our eating habits for a loop because we eat lunch afterwards at like 11 am and then the whole day is stretched out funny.  I think better planning would help, but that's asking a lot from people who don't plan well.

Breakfast--A 1/2 cup of Cherry Vanilla granola with dried cherries and water.  Granola is fun because it tastes good, its sweet, and it takes FOREVER to eat, so I'm usually very full by the time I get done.  It kept me satisfied through church and after.

Lunch--Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich, lettuce only (I'm weird), a medium fry, and a medium frosty.  Oddly, this meal has about the same amount of calories as my Chick fila meal did, only these come from the frosty and those came from the fries and the fruit.  Not exactly a healthy trade-off, but I knew I could eat a lot for lunch because dinner was going to be at Life Group.

Dinner--Snacks were pre-empted by an unplanned 2.5 hour nap that apparently my body really needed.  I was dead to the world and woke up very confused about where I was and what time it was.  When I snapped out of it, we went to the store and got stuff for dinner, since its our week to cook.  Because I really wanted it, we went with waffles, bacon, and eggs.  I'll tell you what...cooking around 60 pieces of bacon is bad for your hands when you leave the splatter guard at home.  Lots of little burns...  I had the equivalent of one scrambled egg, one waffle, and 3 whole pieces of bacon, with some syrup.  It was delicious and kept me content all night with periodic water doses.

We have MLK day off, and a movie and lunch with the Toys was in store, but hopefully I'll be less of a slacker and update this thing tonight like I should.

No comments: