Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 16--Sweet Sixteen, but Without the Sweets

Today was actually a rousing food success.  Ate good stuff start to finish, worked out for a bit, drank a liter of water (and counting)...I feel good.  Which probably means tomorrow will be disastrous.  Yay for feelings of dread...

Breakfast--Cinnamon spice oatmeal with dried cherries.  I know instant oatmeal from a package isn't the healthiest choice, but I don't need to add sugar (I buy lower sugar anyways) nor do I need to think about what I'm doing.  Boil and pour...easy as, well, oatmeal.

Snack--Yep. Mid-morning snack. Booyah metabolism, booyah.  I had a Fiber One bar, and it was scrumptious.

Lunch--Spicy Thai Chili tuna on a bed of greens, cucumbers, and shredded carrots with crackers and another tangelo.  True to form, I wore the tangelo juice around the rest of the day.  I need a bib.

Snack--One, yes one, spoonful of my homemade chocolate/marshmallow fluff mousse.  It was delicious and gave a sugar boost for...

Exercise--Lifted weights, biked 10 minutes, ran 10 minutes.   The biking 10 minutes may seem lame, but as I get into better shape, it takes longer for my heart rate to get up to acceptable levels.  Therefore, my friend the exercise bike decided to help by increasing resistance haphazardly and without real warning.  I rode my "bike" through what felt like wallpaper glue, and now my legs hurt.

Dinner--Jimmy Johns, the best sandwiches ever.  I had a double portion of turkey, bacon, lettuce, onions, oregano, and cucumber, all on 7-grain whole wheat bread with these awesome sweet potato-corn chips.  Satisfying meal all the way around.

Dessert is a no go, since I'm trying to watch my girlish figure.  I may make chocolate meringues tomorrow though...light, airy, and 28 calories a pop.  Bring it on baking.

No comments: