Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3--Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This...

Well, the good news is that lunch at school was edible.  The bad news?  It involved cookies and barbecue sandwiches. Oh well...you win some, you lose some.  On to the food.

Breakfast--I intended to get up today and make myself a good omelette, but my 5:50 am alarm quickly deteriorated into 6:20 am, rushing to eat, get showered, get dressed, and make it to school on time.  Breakfast was a kiwi and two slices of peanut butter toast, on whole grain bread.  It went sharply downhill from there.

Lunch--Lunch was pulled pork sandwiches, two bananas, and a couple of chocolate chip cookies.  At least I drank a lot of water?

Snack--No snack today, just more water.  We had Science Olympiad practice so I was at school until 5:40. That was fun.

Dinner--A new personal favorite, slowly developed and tweaked into perfection--Jimmy Johns.  They deliver, they're fast, and its good stuff.  Turkey, bacon, onion, cucumber, lettuce, oregano, all on seven grain bread.  Throw in a side of chips and its a great meal.  But wait! There's more!

I also made an adapted version of Rachel Ray's Hot-Sweet Asian Pickles.  A cucumber, some red bell pepper, cilantro, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes...delicious.  They were my second side, and I threw some on the sandwich as well.  Should have sliced them thinner, but you live and learn.

Dessert--Because of the cookie debacle at lunch I should have forgone dessert, but this one isn't bad at all.  One banana, frozen, two tbsp of organic chocolate peanut butter, a splash of milk and a food processor and out comes the greatest ice cream ever.  Creamy, delicious, and contains no bad fats, very little dairy, and a lot of filling flavor.  I'm an addict now.

Wednesday = fail day, but I can make it up tomorrow.  I'm feeling vegetable pasta (or pasta primavera if you're a food snob) coming on.

I think this is really helping so far...I remember what I ate, and I'm rightfully proud/shamed by the outcome.  And the weight is dropping...I was down 6 pounds this morning, although I'm sure I screwed that pooch today.  We'll see!

No comments: