Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 9--Lunch at School Wasn't Horrid!

Getting up for school? Not fun.  Not having my lesson plans entered or tests graded? Not fun.

Lunch being, dare I say it, good? AWESOME.

Breakfast--I once again slept in half an hour later than intended, so breakfast was cinnamon spice oatmeal and a small glass of OJ.  Time was of the essence.

Mid-morning snack--Banana, brought to you by Gwen Stefani.

Lunch--My all-time favorite SAGE Dining lunch:  Pork loin, steamed broccoli, sweet potatoes, cous-cous, and a glass of apple juice (notice the liquid trend...there is a downside to today...).  With some red pepper flakes its downright tasty, and as Abby says, something I'd make myself.  Only better.

Snack--Nothing.  Had early dinner.

Dinner--Whole wheat rotini pasta with zucchini, onions, orange bell peppers, and maple-apple chicken sausage cooked in a little EVOO, garlic, and balsamic vinegar at the end.  Coupled with a glass of sweet tea and it was a great meal.  In fact, it was delicious.

Dessert--Blueberry crumble, or in my case, blueberry-mango crumble.  For completely making up the whole dish, it was pretty darn good, and I used one whole tbsp of butter in the entire concoction, regardless of what Paula Dean tried to tell me.  Add some almonds to the crumble part and I'd say its the healthiest dessert I've made in a while!

I didn't (or haven't yet) drink enough water today, so I need to get on that.  Juice and tea are healthier than soda, but no substitute for good old H2O.  So here's to a tall glass and some White Collar...bring it on Neal Caffrey.

No comments: