Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 20--Motivation

I guess its about time for me to reveal the real motivation behind most of this stuff.  Aside from wanting to look healthier and feel healthier, my sister Jenna is getting married on March 20th.  In a moment of either brilliance or insanity (I'll let you know March 21st...) I offered to be the officiant for her wedding.  I really don't want to be the big fat guy in the tuxedo, so I'm trying to get myself into better shape before I go in for my fitting later this week.  Vanity has its benefits I suppose.

Breakfast--One unfortunate byproduct of Abby being gone is that there isn't anyone to entertain the cat in the mornings.  At 6 am, I was woken up by London going berserk outside the door to our room.  I stayed in bed for a couple more hours, but it was drifting sleep interspersed with her pathetic cries. When I finally awoke/got out of bed, I decided to treat myself with an omelette. It was two eggs, half of a serrano chile, roasted potatoes, and onions, vegetarian-style.  It was also delicious.

Lunch--Jimmy Johns.  Double turkey, bacon, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, oregano, on whole grain bread with my newfound chip obsession, Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno chips.  They're amazing, and 12 of them is only a little over 100 calories.

Snack--1/2 cup of Strawberry sorbet.

Exercise--That's right...bum knee and all.  I walked (not ran, couldn't) for 15 minutes, lifted some weights, then biked for 10 more.  It was a decent workout, especially since my knee is sore afterwards--I'm glad I didn't push it any further.

Dinner--Whole grain rotini with onions, green bell pepper, and a single link of andouille sausage, seasoned with garlic and red pepper flakes.  It was amazing, but not overly filling because it's pasta.

Dessert--Two pieces of bread with some Nutella spread on them.  Now THAT was filling.

Abby comes home tomorrow...and trust me, the masses are rejoicing.

No comments: