Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 14--Two Weeks Down, A Lifetime to Go

Woke up this morning to some bad news: Penny Wilson, a dear friend and child of God has gone to be home with Him.  She had been battling cancer, and while I'm comforted that she is no longer suffering and in paradise, the world is a lot dimmer without her light in it.  She will certainly be missed.

Between that and various other goings-on from the weekend, church just wasn't an option.  I know its weird that a Bible teacher and minister doesn't always go to church, but get over it. It threw off my eating feng shui, and that's what's relevant for this post.

Breakfast--Two pieces of whole grain toast with peanut butter.  It was delicious, even if I did feel like a dog trying to get peanut butter out of the corners of my mouth on occasion.

Lunch--We attempted to get 100% Taquito for some healthy, small portioned Mexican food, but the line was chaotic, so we went with Wendy's instead.  Spicy Chicken sandwich, lettuce only, large fries and a medium frosty (don't judge) kept me full all afternoon.

Dinner--Lasagna with salad and bread.  I usually don't eat lasagna because I don't like cheese, but I was hungry and just scraped most of the "good stuff" off anyways.  I followed it up with a big plate of salad sans dressing, and I went through two liters of water today.  I know I can drink more, but its pretty good from where I was at two weeks ago.

Dessert--Cupcake leftover from Audrey's baby shower.  Delicious, and relatively small.

I'm really looking forward to my birthday because I swore off soda until then.  Hopefully by then (Feb. 19th for those buying me things) I will have made water a part of my lifestyle to where sodas will be an occasional treat, and the desire for a cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic won't have killed me.  We drove by a Sonic tonight and I got twitchy...not a good sign.

I need to eat better at school (like, by bringing my own stuff from home) so that's the plan for this week.  Thanks for whoever reads this!

1 comment:

Lauren Waggoner said...

I'm reading! I'm doing biggest loser with the McVey family... Which is hard on Saturday mornings when they make bacon, biscuits, gravy, sausage, pancakes, grits.. You get the idea. Good luck!