Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 66--Eating in Plano! Oh no...

I should not be allowed to stand in a high-end supermarket and just think about meals. Baaaad things happen.

Breakfast--Two pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices.  Bar none, the healthiest thing I ate all day.

Lunch--There's this awesome deli near my dad's office named Mr. G's that we used to go to all the time when I was in high school, so when we went to have lunch with my dad we decided to go there.  I had an awesome tuna salad sandwich on wheat bread with barbecue Baked Lays.  It was great, but tuna salad (at least the pre-made kind...homemade is different) isn't really the healthiest option, even if it was delicious.

Snack--Fiber One bar.  I have to do something to offset what's about to happen.

Dinner--This afternoon I got my hair did for the wedding (so I look less shaggy) and then went with my mom to Market Street to get some stuff for dinner.  We settled upon Shrimp Fra Diavolo, which consisted of shrimp, zucchini, roasted broccoli, my pasta sauce with spinach, and whole wheat thin spaghetti with some garlic, red pepper flakes.  It was incredible!  I mean, I enjoy cooking for people, but its nice when those other people actually enjoy the food too, unlike some of my disastrous meals.

Dessert--...And here is the problem.  While standing in the produce section, thinking about dessert (commanded by Jenna. When the bride wants sugar, you give the bride sugar), looking at strawberries, my mom uttered the fateful words: "Market Street has really good pound cake."  It went downhill from there.  We had strawberry pound cake that my mom turned into french toast, then I sprinkled it with sugar and bruleed it, THEN we made chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and macerated strawberries on top.  When the longest paragraph I write on this blog is about dessert, the day has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Hopefully there will be exercise later (after I digest for an hour. Or three.) to counteract the calorie bomb from today, but I will admit...it was amazing food. Potentially worth it, assuming my tux still fits.

Also, I miss my wife. Come to Plano Abby!

No comments: