Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 56--Eight Weeks of Work

I'm having a bit of a wardrobe problem.  Shirts that I couldn't tastefully wear eight weeks ago now fit relatively well, but the pants I've had (my jeans, old pairs of khakis, etc) are starting to sag a bit. And by a bit, I mean a lot.  Not going to lie though...wonderful problem to have.


Breakfast--It was imperative that we started the day correctly, so we went with the Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.  I added brown sugar and almonds to mine, although after loading it up I remembered my peanut butter trick. So that sucked. The oatmeal, however, was incredible and very filling.  I also threw down a mango.  I love mangos...no frills, just cut it in half and enjoy. Best fruit by my estimation...maybe even more than cherries (probably not though). That's saying a LOT.

Lunch--PF Changs after church.  However, it was really an absolute disaster.  We went for the wonton soup, but ended up that everything BUT the wonton soup was really good.  I had a side of Sichuan Asparagus, half of an order of Chicken Fried Rice and one bowl of the soup.  We ate all the wontons, but the broth...there was funk in the broth. It's fitting that we're talking about Elisha in my OT class tomorrow, because a bunch of his miracles involve him fixing either water or soup.  Could have used him today.
Snack--My last plum and a 100 calorie sandwich thin with some Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter.  It was wonderful, and gave me the energy for working out.  I will say though...for chocolate hazelnut, Nutella is better and the caloric difference is worth the better taste.

Exercise--I walked/ran on an incline for 20 minutes, then lifted some weights to try to work some soreness out and balance out yesterday.  It felt goooood. And, I got to listen to some of Mark Goodacre's podcasts.  He's incredible, and has some pretty cool ideas about NT theology.  You should check him out--NTPod Podcast. Do it.

Dinner--I made whole wheat rotini pasta with roasted broccoli and pasta sauce.  The sauce was comprised of tomatoes, garlic, a diced fresno chili, some salt, pepper, and sugar.  The whole meal was amazing!

Dessert--I think I'm going to have 1/2 cup mango sorbet with another one of my mangoes...they're just so good!

Last week before Spring Break starts tomorrow.  The good news is that Abby might bring me lunch some this week.  The bad news? I still have to go to work.  Oh well...can't win them all!

No comments: