Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 60--The Two Month Itch

Well, I've hit a pretty solid lull.  In fact, I'm not sure it qualifies as a lull because I'm pretty sure I'm gaining weight somehow.  I don't know if its lack of exercise (even though I haven't exercised consistently yet...) or the fact we've been eating really well recently (cheap is better? That doesn't make sense) or stress (possible...Spring Break will help this one) or some unknown problem.  I felt really good about my progress for a while and now I feel slightly frustrated.  The water for Lent thing should help, as should having some time off for SB where I can work out and regulate some things.  I'm just a bit frustrated, which feels bad this early in a lifelong process.

Breakfast--Toastwich with peanut butter and peach preserves.  I'm hesitant to use my good jellies and preserves on these types of applications because I know the peanut butter will overwhelm the taste, but I rarely eat jelly on toast by itself because the peanut butter is so filling/satisfying.  So maybe I should just suck it up and try it soon and see what happens.  I know better ingredients=better health, but I'm still figuring out exactly what that means for simpler meals.

Snack--Fiber One bar.  I'm glad to have those back.  This wasn't a hunger/sustaining issue so much as attempting to keep my metabolism going.

Lunch--Chick fila from the awesome wife!  Spicy chicken sandwich and a large fruit cup, which was probably more sugar than I really needed, but it helped me get through the day. As did the cookies I didn't plan on eating, but then they had extras in the teachers' lounge that I almost never go in but did today.  Westbury is out to fatten me up.

Dinner--Barbecue!  We got a half-pound of bbq turkey from the local Brisket Barbecue place (which is overpriced btw...probably won't be partaking again) and I baked a couple of potatoes.  I also sauteed a zucchini, some broccolini, and a quarter of an incredibly beautiful orange bell pepper with garlic, salt, and pepper as a side.  That meal, coupled with Corky's BBQ sauce from Memphis (courtesy of my sister), was some of the best food I've had in a good long while (at least since the tuna...so a couple of days. We eat good food!) and ended a very nice Thursday.

Dessert--Popped the juice of one of my blood oranges with a sprinkling of sugar into a saucepan and made a great sauce to go over 1/2 cup of mango sorbet.  It was really REALLY good.

Perhaps my problem is sugar intake.  Between the fruit, the sorbet, the gummy bears, the palmful of jellybeans and the various other sources of sugar (cookies, dried fruit, Fiber One bars, jelly) that I've been eating recently, I can see how that would be a problem.  I'll try to avoid it for a couple of days and see what happens!

No comments: