Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 63--Attack of the Pizookie

Daylight Savings Time is the ultimate double-edged sword: in the fall, gaining an hour is amazing, but in the spring, losing an hour? Death. Needless to say, today was the spring version, and I woke up feeling that something had gone horribly wrong.  This is Spring Break, but we're getting up around the same time I usually get up for school? Wrong on so many levels...and the oatmeal promise from yesterday didn't happen.

Church today was great.  I really felt like class went well; potentially the best Sunday class I've done this year.  Unfortunately, there were 5 kids there, due to Spring Break.  I hope those five really enjoyed it, because I definitely did!

Breakfast--Abby made cinnamon rolls this morning, and I was determined to not eat any...and then I stepped out of the shower and smelled them.  I had two small cinnamon rolls, no icing (300 calories), a Fiber One bar to help them go down, and then pineapple Chobani 2% yogurt with honey.  The pineapple was a fail...the rest of the meal was great.  So for once, my problem with the greek yogurt wasn't the yogurt, but the fruit additives! I think I'm becoming a GY snob...  In my defense for the upcoming meal, our original plan was to have sandwiches for lunch. Something light and fibrous. Not what happened...

Lunch--Caution: If you are emotionally invested in my weight loss journey, skip to dinner. Just do it. Don't ask questions, don't skim, just move along.  Have you stopped reading? Good.  Now, to everyone else, we went to BJ's Brewhouse with my friend Philip Murtaugh and his family.  Philip just moved to Houston and came to Sugar Grove this morning, so we decided to hang out afterwards.  I had pulled pork sliders with crispy onion strings for my meal, and then Abby and I split the pizookie trio.  For those who don't know what a pizookie is, its a cookie, baked in a small deep-dish pizza pan (hence the name) until its a bit crispy on top but usually not cooked all the way through, topped with ice cream.  It was AMAZING.  I had cookies and cream (made with Oreo crumbles in the cookie batter) and chocolate Ghiradelli ice cream.  I'm sure it was just as disastrous for my health as it sounds. At least I drank water?

Dinner--I made a great little noodle dish with Asian flavors.  I think the thing that I'm the most proud of in my cooking repertoire is that I can take some stuff from the fridge and turn it into a decent meal.  For this round, I took some whole wheat thin spaghetti and added sauteed orange bell peppers, broccolini, snow peas, garlic and ginger, then wok-fried it all with some soy sauce, some spicy ginger stir-fry sauce, and a splash of rice wine vinegar.  It was just as amazing as it sounds...I hope I can recreate it!

Dessert--Cherry 2% Fage yogurt with honey.  I'm an addict.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a detox day, but its also Abby's last day before boards so we're planning a celebration supper tomorrow night, assuming she holds up her end of the bargain and gives me a menu.  I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments: