Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 48--Sleeping in messes with my schedule...

So I slept in until 10 am. 10! It was well-needed and much enjoyed.  Abby had a Practice Management meeting this morning at some gawd-awful early hour and I regained consciousness long enough to tell her bye, and that was all she wrote.  I can't remember the last time I slept in that late.

However, there was a big problem with sleeping in and eating breakfast that late.  Breakfast at 10, lunch at around 3, and then dinner at 7 was a big shock to the system...I feel like I ate lead today, even if it was mostly healthy.

Sleeping in also means I didn't make it to the Farmers' Market, but I did run by Central Market, which was almost as good.  More strawberries, some plums, blood oranges, and then some incredible dried fruit and granola bars--wonderful shopping experience.

Breakfast--A three-egg omelette with the leftover black beans and potatoes from our taco salad the other night.  It was VERY dense, and very, very good.

Lunch--I made some vegetable latkes I found in my Whole Foods Cookbook that my sister, Jenna, got me for my birthday.  They had potatoes, carrots, and zucchini and then I added some cayenne because I love me some spice.  They definitely should have been a bit drier--there was a step left out or an ambiguity in the recipe--but they were pretty good, especially for 150 calories per massive pancake.  I also had one of my plums to add some tartness and acid to the overall meal.

Dinner--Toastwich for dinner!  All natural peanut butter, peach preserves, and two slices of whole wheat toast.  It's not a good sign when that's the lightest thing I ate all day.

Dessert--Remember that Easter candy?  Marshmallow bunny for the win!  Abby ate one of the ears though...so it wasn't the full caloric load.

Altogether not a horrid day.  I should have found time to work out, but I was too busy making a Twitter account.  Shows where my priorities lie eh?  Church tomorrow, Oscar party tomorrow night, and hopefully some exercise and vegetables in between!

Follow me @RevJakey34 if you feel so inclined!

No comments: