Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 45--Culinary Exhaustion

I woke up this morning and I haven't been this sore in FOREVER.  I'm not sure if it was the impromptu basketball session yesterday morning or working out for the first time in a good long while or my apparently terrible night of sleep, but I felt like death.  It's really hard to get moving in the mornings when you're sore, and its even harder to feel good about what you're eating when you don't feel good to start with.

I guess that's a complicated way of saying this isn't a great food day, but it wasn't terrible either.  It was blah, which is about how I feel.

Breakfast--Cinnamon swirl oatmeal with dried cherries.  That's right, I was too lazy to cut up strawberries.

Snack--Candy.  Not the wisest choice (or even in the top 100) but it was really good and the sugar helped give me some energy to get through my freshmen classes.  They're some of my favorite lessons, but today's subject was especially brutal.  Someone should have informed the biblical authors that parts of the OT are painful and boring when it comes to teaching.

Lunch--Chicken, broccoli, steamed cauliflower, snow peas, and "vegetable fried rice."  I don't even know what that means...but it didn't suck.  Bonus!  I ended it with a Snickers, which was delicious.

Dinner--Pei Wei, but not my usual.  I had a bowl of the Thai Wonton Soup as well as Chicken Lettuce Wraps.  It was all amazing...hit the spot, and no dessert necessary!

Today felt like Thursday, but it was Wednesday, and tomorrow IS Thursday but at school it'll behave like a Friday.  Yay for screwed up calendars and Campus Ministry meetings...

No comments: