Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 36--Valentines Day Edition

Well...I'm not better yet. The antibiotics are working, I think, but there's still some gunk in there and I'm still incredibly foggy most of the day.  My students were completely brain dead today, and it didn't help that we did Romans 9 in my Acts class.  Check it out sometime...its pretty dense.

Our Valentines Day was exceptionally lame--Abby is still studying for Boards/tests and I'm still under the weather, so we stayed in tonight and I watched all my DVR cooking shows from while we were gone.  Amazingly, around this most auspicious of holidays, EVERYTHING was about chocolate.  I can look, but I won't touch!

Breakfast--I was as out of it as you could possibly be this morning (and showed up to school ten minutes late...) so I went with the cherry vanilla granola, half a cup, and some dried cherries on top.  I needed fast, and it obliged.

Snack--Fiber One bar around 9:30.  I know the usual time is around 10 or 10:30, and that might even be the recommended time, but I'm in the middle of class then so I go earlier.

Lunch--Peanut butter sandwich and a banana.  It was filling and honestly, I need some sweetness to help stem the tide of candy and whatnot that could come my way.

Dinner--Ah yes...dinner.  I made panko-crusted oven fried chicken, oven fried potatoes, and peas.  For the usual southern meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and peas, this was a pretty healthy and delicious alternative.  I added barbecue rub and salt to the flour before I breaded and dunked, and it added just enough flavor to make them very good.

Dessert--Yep...no dessert!  I'm full enough from dinner that I don't need sweets, as tempting as they might be.  Score.

I'm thin enough my pants don't fit right anymore...and it feels great, even if it might hit me in the wallet when I need to reload my wardrobe.  Completely worth it!

No comments: