Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 42--Answer to the Ultimate Question

If you don't get the title, either you aren't cool or I'm not cool.  Guess which one is more likely?

The day after was not nearly as good as the actual birthday.  26 isn't a crushing number, but it definitely feels a bit strange...I'm on the downward slope to 30. Weirdness.

Some good news though!  For the last two years I've been stubbornly holding on to pairs of 36x34 dress pants--a size I haven't been able to wear since my senior year of college--because I spent money on them and I didn't want to waste it.  Well, today I got bored and tried a pair on...and they fit! Wonderfully!  I lost a pant size!!

Unfortunately, my terrible eating habits of the celebratory weekend leaked into today as well.  If I don't get back on the horse tomorrow, all may be lost.

Breakfast--Cherry Vanilla granola with fresh sliced strawberries.  It was incredible!

Lunch--Tortilla soup at Gringo's.  Usually, the service is good and the food is excellent.  Today, the food was excellent and the service was, well, awful.  I'm not sure what happened, but it was bizarre all the way around.

Dinner--Pizza at Life Groups.  I'm just going to say it--Domino's pizza is disgusting.  If you like it, you have awful taste in food.  I haven't had a good piece of Domino's since they sold it at my high school in 10th grade, and I'm sure that was crap too, but it was better than our normal lunch.  Just nauseating.  I had part of three pieces (and by part I mean the pepperoni and the ends of the crust) and then a cupcake that Amy Miller made with thin mints and mint icing.

More lunch disasters this week and I'll get to flex my creative muscles to overcome it.  We also found chocolate drizzled kettle corn...its fantastic and not a caloric bomb.  Success!

No comments: