Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 38--I'm Not Getting Better...

I woke up this morning feeling like I had swallowed cotton balls.  I couldn't breathe, I couldn't swallow, I could barely open my eyes--I was completely dried out.  Stupid Houston weather.  Thankfully, a shower and some hydration got me functioning enough to get to school, but I felt kinda icky all day.  I hope I'm over it...and that I don't get the flu that is being passed around.  Had more students and teachers out today!

Breakfast--Caught in the midst of my dryness attack, I ran out of time to make it to school reasonably early, so I went with cherry pomegranate yogurt and apple slices for breakfast. Sadly, not the weirdest meal I had all day.

Lunch--I'm not even sure what the lunch at school was today...I just know that I didn't feel like going down there just to be disappoint/eat peanut butter again.  Lunch consisted of a Fiber One bar, some craisins, and 2 cups of kettle corn.  Not the healthiest choice.

Dinner--I made some asian chicken stock (shout out to my sister, Jenna...she gave me an amazing Whole Foods Cookbook that gave me the idea/recipe) and then added chicken, asparagus, and broccoli to the soup.  I topped mine with bean sprouts and edamame, and it was incredible.  One bowl and I was stuffed, even with my sketchy eating habits today.

I really want to get healthy enough to work out again, but I don't know when that will happen.  One of my students, Miriam, is going to make me cupcakes for my birthday on Friday, so whatever happens I know I'm going to have a calorie bomb then.  And it will be totally worth it!

No comments: