Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 47--Weekend FTW!

Weekends are just amazing.  If it wasn't for the fact that Spring Break and then summer were waiting for me juuuuuust around the corner, I might explode.  But I can do this! (And I realize how pathetic this all sounds. It's been a long year.)

Breakfast--In a play on Nathan MacDonald's wafflewich of goodness, I made myself a toastwich with some all-natural peanut butter and cherry jelly on whole wheat toast.  It was really really good!

Lunch--When the menu says "Fettuccine Alfredo Carbonara" you know things have gotten out of control for lunch.  When it says that AND its a school lunch, you know things are just plain wrong.  One student reported that it was cakey...which is not a good descriptive term for anything other than cake, and certainly not for a creamy pasta.  Because I don't like cheese/cream/milk/butter/etc., lunch was out of the question to start with, but it's nice to know I made the right call.  I went to the nearby WalMart and got a thing of deli meat (200 calories), some focaccia bread (it was TERRIBLE), and fruit (cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries) that I topped off with a Snickers.  Satisfying, healthy, and NOT fettuccine alfredo carbonara...win/win/win.

Dinner--Whole wheat rotini pasta with zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms as well as some andouille chicken sausage.  I also had a piece of naan for some added fiber and goodness, and it was all delicious.  It also reminded me that I badly need to purchase some more garlic...thankfully the Farmers' Market is tomorrow!

Dessert--The last of my birthday whoopie pies with a half a cup of raspberry sorbet.  Good way to end a good day.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some good organic ingredients and we can work out some to get my metabolism back on track.  The kale, broccoli, and zucchini in the fridge can't hurt either!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm totally feeling you on the fact that Spring Break and Summer CAN NOT come soon enough! I've been meaning to tell you that Greek yogurt is something I've battle with as well, and what I finally realized is that if you add some fruit and honey it's REALLY good. It just needs a little natural sweetener. I also love getting ideas for what to cook for myself from you- although you are undoubtedly a better cook. You are inspiring me day by day, and you've gotten me hooked on something I said I would never eat- oatmeal, but I can't do the instant stuff, I gotta do the real thing. Love you- can't wait to see you in a few weeks!