Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 37--The Letdown

With all of the pomp and circumstance of yesterday, today was a definite bummer at school.  Everyone was back in normal clothes, no balloons, no candy, and to top it off, the flu is claiming victims left and right.  Pray for my health...I don't need another bad illness!

Breakfast--Cinnamon swirl oatmeal with dried cherries and cherry yogurt.  It was incredibly filling, even though I ate...

Snack--...A Fiber One bar.  I wanted some sweetness and knew that lunch wasn't going to be great.  Chapel today reminded me how lucky I am to even have food, but for the purposes of this blog, nutrition and eating right will take priority over my sense of blessedness.  If that makes me sound ungrateful, I apologize--I really am grateful for all God has blessed me with, especially food-wise--but that just isn't the point of these posts.

Lunch--Peanut butter sandwich, about 200 calories worth of sweet potato corn chips, and a banana.  It was a solid, if boring, lunch.

Dinner--We went to Whole Foods tonight to get some stuff for Abby's lunches as well as stock up on more naan, and so we decided to hit up the salad bar while there.  I had some greens with green onions, mushrooms, cucumbers, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, grated butternut squash, and a small portion of balsamic dressing.  That, combined with a small (3x3 inch) poppy seed ciabatta loaf was less than five dollars. Score!  It was also delicious, so double score!  We'll definitely be doing that again, and hopefully soon.

No dessert, because I'm still a bit stopped up and sick, so I'm full from dinner.  As we approach my birthday though, sweets will be incredibly tempting...and Dr. Pepper returns from hiatus on Saturday!

No comments: