Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 98--Awkward Hand Motions

Had the privilege to teach class this morning at church, and for the first time in a while, I felt really good about the outcome.  We focused on John 15, where Jesus tells His disciples that He is the vine and we are the branches.  In the midst of our discussion on gardening, memories, and the apocalypse (ask if you want to know), Jason Toy made some ridiculous hand motion for a vine with branches.  It resembled spirit fingers, an awkward palm tree, and what I can only assume is the hand-motion for "pay me my money!"  It was incredibly weird and cannot be duplicated.

In other news...Abby's home!  Huzzah!  The cat is still psychotic, we're both relatively exhausted, but at least I can hear the sound of another live human being.  She had a wonderful weekend on the retreat but I have to admit I like her here as opposed to there.

Breakfast--Fiber One bar.  I actually ate something else too, but I can't remember what it was.  I got up early, made dinner for tomorrow in the slow cooker, got showered, dressed for church, put some stuff up from the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, ate the unknown product and a Fiber One bar, then went to church.  I just cannot for the life of me remember what that was.

Lunch--Panera Bread!  I had a Thai Chicken Salad with a small piece of baguette.  The salad was PHENOMENAL.  It had lettuce, chicken, edamame, roasted red peppers, wonton strips, cilantro and a spicy thai vinaigrette.  Absolutely fantastic, to the point where I may have to drive back down there to have it again this week.

Snack--So I finally made a decent gluten-free dessert.  My first attempt at flourless chocolate cake was a rousing success, given that my Life Group absolutely demolished over half of it.  For the final presentation, I layered some strawberry jam and almond "shingles" on top.  It doesn't look the greatest, but for my first try, I'm fairly pleased.  Hopefully the recipient will be just as happy! (I listed this as snack because I nibbled while making it.  It was goooooood.)

Dinner--Sonic before Life Groups.  I had a Sonic burger with mustard (the low calorie alternative), tater tots (not so low-calorie), and cherry Dr. Pepper.  Good meal, but a great Life Groups.  I love those guys.

So all in all, not a terrible weekend.  I've decided that the sheer act of living in Houston destroys most of my baking attempts, so whenever I recreate this stuff in a lower humidity climate I should be infinitely more successful.  Congrats Houston: you killed something I truly love.

No comments: