Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 101--Who Knew MercyMe Was Great Workout Music?!

The beauty of a four-day week at school is that Thursday suddenly becomes Friday and we all get to relax a day earlier.  The unfortunate side is that sometimes you forget what day it is, like today when I thought Wednesday was actually Tuesday and so I forgot to go to Science Olympiad.  Oops.  The ironic thing is that I had a conversation at lunch today about how if it wasn't for chapel I actually would forget what day it was...and then I did. Fail.

Breakfast--Cinnamon Swirl oatmeal.  Start the day out with fiber and you'll feel fuller than normal...which is a good thing when trying to lose some pounds.

Snack--Fiber On...FAKE OUT.  I actually consciously ate something else, which in this case was about three palmfuls of smokehouse almonds.  Probably too many, but it was only 260 calories, which is a great dose of protein and healthy fats (also nice when trying to feel full.)

Lunch--My beautiful wife decided to bring me lunch today!  I had a footlong turkey, toasted with bacon, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, jalapenos, and black pepper from Subway along with half a bag of Baked Lays BBQ.  The food was good...having lunch with Abby was better.  Thanks babe!

Dinner--No snack...took a nap instead.  Abby is spending the evening with some of her friends from Optometry school, so I was on my own.  She likes to work out before dinner, and I'd rather do it afterwards when I have more energy from the food.  Therefore, the schedule was flipped today.  For dinner, I took the two extra burger patties from yesterday, half an onion, and three eggs and made breakfast tacos with some corn tortillas.  It was great, and should have been a solid dose of protein from all the meat and eggs.

Dessert--I made cookies. Chocolate chocolate chip cookies to be exact.  In fact, I undercooked them a bit so they were warm, gooey, chocolatey...and I had the willpower to only eat one.  Holla.  The rest shall be gifts...I just like baking, even if the results make me large (and in charge).

Exercise--I ran about two miles, and I actually mean ran.  I've always had problems staying focused running, because I usually get bored out of my mind and then I focus on how tired I am and then I quit.  Today I went with the Generous Mr. Lovewell album from MercyMe, and WOW.  Whenever I got tired, a song like Move, All of Creation, or Beautiful would come on and I would get this incredible burst of energy.  I spent all of All of Creation running with my hands lifted in praise to God...something I probably couldn't do without falling over most days and something I definitely wouldn't do with other people in the room, but today I overcame both.  According to my Nike+, I burned about 340 calories, which is a nice workout.

All in all, a great day.  Good nap, good food, GREAT workout, and tomorrow is "Friday."  I think I'm well on my way to my new goal!

No comments: