Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 84--Yep. I Skipped a Day.

Our little Food Creates Community endeavor Saturday night was amazing.  I would be more than happy to share the menu, but its so far above and beyond what I usually put on here I'm afraid it would set the bar too high.  I might come back tomorrow and add my pictures in a separate post.

This weekend was just an absolutely incredible time.  From seeing my family to being able to cook phenomenal food to a wonderful service at Creekside this morning, I've very rarely had so much fun or been so ultimately exhausted.  Creekside is a church in Midlothian where my cousin Steve is worship minister.  For the first time in my life, I was able to spend time with Steve twice in the span of 12 months.  Usually he's in Nebraska or I'm in Colorado or something gets in the way, but it was great to get to see him and his beautiful family.

One unfortunate byproduct of FCC was that we didn't get to eat.  We were working so hard that first thing I knew, it was midnight and I'd eaten two biscuits and a spoonful of strawberry jam I made for the dessert course of FCC.  So in some ways, that explains the food, um, debacle thats about to ensue.  Also, I have no free-will.

Breakfast--Another one of Jordan's brown sugar biscuits, a blueberry muffin, and some strawberry jam made from strawberries from Jenna's wedding.

Lunch--A burger with mustard, lettuce, onions, pickles, and bacon, and then a side of fried okra.  Because I was so tired/hungry, I honestly didn't care what I ate, which is a horrible way to pick food.  However, lunch with Steve was excellent, and it really was an incredible burger.

Snack--Another Bucky's trip...not so good.  I had some sour belts.

Dinner--Whole wheat rotini with chicken, diced potatoes, onions and peas sauteed with some garlic and white wine.  I will admit, cooking with wine is a pretty great way to add flavor.  That whole acid spiel I gave/read about is certainly true.

Dessert--Strawberry Fage with honey and, for a little variety, some chocolate chips.  It was amazingly good...maybe a new dessert tradition.

After a long and industrious weekend, some sleep and routine will actually be nice.  Here's to another week of school!

No comments: