Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Void

I feel this overwhelming urge (the Spirit's prodding?) to write something here, but I have no idea what. The last week and a half has been a disastrous combination of OT, Acts, dress code, school policy, Abilene, the Ft. Worth Stockyards, Midland, moving, teaching James, making new friends, setting up a classroom...and the chaos hasn't even started yet. That'd be tomorrow morning at 7:15. In the words of Jason Allen--yippee!!

It's fitting that I just got to Galatians in my overview of the year. Paul spends most of the book arguing for his competency and authority, and that's about how I feel right now. I had mothers ask me where else I had taught, I had students that don't speak much English, and I had people ask me seeming basic questions about the Bible.

I feel like I'm behind the proverbial eight-ball...but I have NO idea who's holding the cue. Part of me knows that every move I make is being watched by everyone and his or her dog, but I know I'm up for the task. Part of me feels like the pressure is self-inflicted--I have 105 students and the Word of God as a textbook--but I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

So here I sit, less than 24 hours from the start of a grand, new, completely God-led adventure, and I have no idea what to say.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

No comments: