Friday, February 27, 2009

Age is NOT just a number

I just had a weird revelation handed to me in the face of Oel Castner, one of the spiritual titans here at GC4.  He reminded me that Jesus began His ministry at the age of 30...or, in other words, 6 years older than I am right now.  You can't even use the myth of adolescence here, because in ancient times, people were treated as adults EARLIER than they are now, which means Jesus spent most of His adult life growing in stature and understanding before He started His ministry.

All the bumps and bruises (both literally and figuratively) that I am accumulating working as an intern are growing me and guiding me towards Him and to a better relationship with my Creator.  I need to stop getting so torn up over little mistakes that won't matter at all a week from now.  Learn and move on...it's not supposed to be like flipping a switch.

As Oel said, "allow Jesus to lie you down beside still waters, not rushing rapids.  Seek peace...seek Him."

Amen.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8

No comments: