Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Motivation

It's funny...no one knows this thing even exists, so in theory I can write whatever I want and not have to worry about repercussions.  AWESOME.

Anyways...I got a job last weekend.  Sort of.  I'm going to be the full-time intern in residence at Grace Crossing: A Community Church of Christ, but I've only been unofficially officially offered the position.  There are still beaucoup de details to hammer out, but needless to say, I am WICKED excited about it.  I needed a job, preferably in youth ministry, in the Houston area, and God provided.  So thanks God.

There's a problem though...I still have over a semester of school left to take care of before I move down there.  So my passion, youth, has to wait while I learn about Systematic Theology, Church History, Greek, the Skills of Preaching, and Backgrounds of the New Testament.  Not that any of those is inherently problematic or bad; on the contrary, I love my classes.  It's that I desperately want to be with the kids...to hang out, mold them, and provide guidance.  I want to do what I feel God has called me to do, I have the opportunity, and the only thing in the way is the one thing I can't really control: time.  

I am woefully undermotivated right now.  I can't bring myself to read, finish my papers, or anything, because my heart longs to be in The Woodlands with my future.  As I less than eloquently state on my Facebook, it's hard to see the future when the present keeps poking me in the eyes. 

So here's hoping that something picks up...gotta deal with the life I have before I can have fun planning the life I want.

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will rise up on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."   Isaiah 40:30-31

Lift me up God...let me fly.

No comments: